Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Weird dreams are creepy

April 16th morning nap.
Weirdest nap ever.

I was at my parents house, except my grandparents lived there. No idea if it was their house now, or they lived there with my parents or what, that wasn't the important thing, it was just odd.
Then I went to the new basement, as there was one below the current basement. It was just like a unfinished concrete basement, but still had linoleum on the floor.
I curled up and had a nap, conveniently there was a sleeping bag there. (If you nap in your nap, does that count as two naps?)
When I woke up, there was a box beside me, and I knocked the box getting out of my sleeping bag, and a ton of mice ran out.
Then I noticed the small field of bamboo starting to grow in the basement. I kicked a couple and the cut cleanly with my foot, but then I noticed a little pile of dirt, so I proceeded to kick it.
It was an anthill, full of the hugest, fastest ants I've ever seen. Bigger than the mice. They were pissed off, and started coming after me, so I panicked and ran. They chased me upstairs, but gave up once I was around the front door.
So I was going to tell my parents about it, who conveniently enough had just pulled up and were loading some car I had never seen before onto a trailer.
Then as I was about to tell them, I woke up.

Weird dream.

Then, to make it even more ominous, there was a huge Raven sitting on the hanger right behind my car, caw-ing at me. Which of course, has bad symbolism.

It was a great nap... I physically feel very refreshed. Mentally taxing though, as I'm a little shaken up.
I am just having a warm glass of tea to calm my nerves. No alcohol to help unfortunately.



A Post about the previous week, how busy I was, and being ill to follow. Feel free to analyze my mental state from this dream. Post about it in the comments, We'll see how crazy I really am.

2 comments:

Nolto said...

I think that the dream was trying to tell you that you're crazy.

km_f5 said...

Maybe it is about denying nature or something natural (such as a growing bamboo field on a concrete surface), or disturbing that which is safely contained (mice) or brutalizing/destroying what is natural (the young bamboo and anthill) and feeling curious, yet at the mercy of, disturbed and threatened by it all? 2 stories down in your subconscious and somehow it is all your parents' fault.

I dunno... psychology is for whackos. Nevertheless, I thought the imagery was pretty cool.

On a side note, by chance I encountered this on the great internet, making me think of your post, prompting me to actually leave a comment. Pretty nifty, no?