Monday, April 20, 2009

Progress!

So I deployed my first deployable build to the Xbox. I have the first 720p test map displayed, and the grid structure behind it loading correctly. I have the playable characters represented with some placeholders. Tonight I'll be attaching some basic controls to move the placeholders, and adding collisions, for locations you aren't allowed to move (and maybe some places that just slow you down, like hills?)

I got some pretty good progress yesterday, but need to make a lot of progress this week too. We have about 2 weeks until the deadline for submissions for the PAX 10. Hopefully by the end of next weekend, it's a a demo-able state. I might be hitting up a couple friends to start playtesting sometime this week, so be forewarned!

Hopefully I get the first 3d model sometime today, so I can retrofit my classes to support it. I'm a bit nervous about that. Hopefully it's as easy as I've tried to set it up to be. That is definitely my focus for this week though. Trying to free up some evenings to work on it, and I'll have to enforce a strict "Butt in Chair, Hands on Keyboard" policy. Hopefully I'll have a successful week!

5 comments:

Nolto said...

Will it be ready for tomorrow night? (the demo?)
I'll be coming by, unless it'll be a bad time.

Toad008 said...

If it involves you coming over, it's a bad time.
We'll see how much I get done tonight. I should be able to at least show you something =)

Nolto said...

Here's to the bad times then! (I'm raising a glass... of diet soda as per usual)

Nolto said...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Chaos

Seriously.

Toad008 said...

Yeah, that is definitely the game we were talking about.

I might have to find an emulator and a rom for it to relive the good old days.