Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Ok

Time to get in some better habits over this blog. I still think it's valuable to me, to get some of my notes down somewhere, and just to vent a little. Time for another big update.

PureDoxyk, one of the longest Everyman sleepers I know of, had a good post on her blog today. Talking about essentially don't give advice if you aren't qualified to do so. I think it is a very true complaint, and one I think really plagues Polyphasic sleeping. I'll leave the rest of the discussion to her arguements.

I have now been polyphasic for about 185 days? I still don't like giving out a ton of advice, as I don't think my experience is really going to be a representation of everyones experience. We all sleep differently, we all live differently, and just because something works for me, doesn't mean it works for everyman (what a bad pun).

So lately my schedule has been a mess. I got my wisdom teeth pulled on Thursday, after writting my last midterm. Not a good day, although I did get 100% on that midterm, so I can't complain too much. I think that was my widsom teeth's last shot, trying to prove that they actual did something. Back to crappy 50%'s from here on out, without those teeth. I've been really weak on my schedule enforcement, knowing that I should be a little messed up due to the drugs, and so on and so forth, but I think I'm going to have to crack down right away here. Yesterday for instance, I woke up at 5, like normal, after a 4.5 hour core, which is a little long, had a 30 min nap around 9, like normal, was exhausted at my class, so I had a 1.5 hour nap from 1-2:30, got back to work, and went to bed around 9:30, and slept until 5. I woke up once or twice, but I didn't have any painkillers nearby, so I went back to sleep to try and get rid of the pain.

I'll likely let this crappy schedule keep up for the rest of the week, and try to push everything back to my normal come the weekend. Hopefully by then I'm more healed up, and in less pain. I might have to resort to a bit of caffiene to help with that too.

SO back to my plans for this blog. One of the reasons I don't post very often is I feel like there's nothing interesting to post about. By now, I have enough logs of my sleeping stuff to amuse some people. There's a 100 day summary too for people who don't want to read too far back. Now's it's just part of a normal routine. I'll have to figure something out.

No comments: