Friday, December 14, 2007

lack of updates

I haven't updated in quite some time. I've been busy.

I had end of term projects, and finals. Those took up some time. everything went reasonably well though. I was a little less happy at my CMPT 260 exam. 214 went well.

Other big things that kept me a little busy was my latest project. I, with the help of the roomies, redid a lot of the basement. Largely so it would fit my new projector! YAY!
SO I now have a 120" screen in my basement, with a new surround sound system, and a 1080p projector shooting at it. It looks amazing. I was really happy with how everything turned out. We built the screen from scratch, with fir 1x2's and some blackout cloth, and some black random stretchy fabric. It looks great. But now I'm pretty broke, so I need to save some money to afford CHristmas presents... Should have maybe set my priorities a little different. No regrets though, you have to see this screen. I'll post pictures when I finally get around to taking some. If you're in town this Christmas, you will have to call / stop by and check it out.

Sleep has been going well. I'm a little under the weather currently, so I'm sleeping a bit more than usual, but not too much. I need to adjust my schedule a bit again now that classes are changing for term 2. Make sure I have all the times lines up right. Shouldn't be too bad. I've done that shift before.

I posed a question to the Polyphasic google groups about subliminal learning during sleeping. I'm curious as to if it works, but I haven't been able to find any good scientific articles on it. I keep getting people who want to sell me cd's. Anyone who reads this know anywhere I can get information on it? I figure since I listen to my ipod for my naps anyway to drown out ambient noise, I could probally set up some sort of sibliminal messages to maybe help me learn Japanese or something. I may experiment a bit with it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I learned in first year psychology that most studies on subliminal sleep learning didn't turn up very strong results.

Toad008 said...

That's the consensus I'm hearing for everyone I'm talking to about it. Makes me less motivated to try it.