Thursday, September 25, 2008

Busy week

So I am now starting a very hectic couple days. I have a gig that starts tonight, and is 2 sets a night for the next 3 nights. That adds one element of busy. Then Friday night, in the middle of it all, is a work keg party. I really want to go, as it'll be a lot of fun, and free beer! But I can't go until after my gig. Hopefully I can get there around 10, which isn't too bad. Then, because I'm a huge geek, I have a raid (2 actually) I'd rather not miss Saturday morning. So I'm going to get pissed drunk Friday night, and hope I can get home, and log into Final Fantasy XI before 9am. Why do I do these things to myself. And to top it all off, I haven't been feeling very good lately. Hopefully it's just stress from my upcoming hectic couple of days. No matter what I'm shooting for beer to solve all my problems. As per usual.

On a side note, work parties are super fun. We have no bosses going this time. The plan, as far as I know, is a keg going, a fire in the back yard, a Wii with games upstairs, and a full rock band setup downstairs. While I am NOT excited to have one co worker belting out tunes (he gets a touch annoying) I am stoked anytime Rock Band is involved, as it is killer fun, and it helps that I'm decent at it.

Roomie-N picked up the wireless Rock Band 2 drum set (got the last one at our EB) and it is much better than the old one. Add on my Bass I ordered (which is in transit, so I hope to get it today or tomorrow) and we have 2 drum sets, 4 wireless guitars, 2 mics. Which means we can play Rock Band on both TVs, with full bands. We're discussing setting up a green room, or warm up room upstairs, then the real show goes on downstairs. We probably won't. But it does open up some cool options for Rock Band Parties and such.

I've started the work on my Bass project too. I've got 3 coats of oil on now. It's taking a bit longer than I had planned, just because I haven't had a chance to get to it every day like I had hoped. Things keep popping up. Hopefully I'll be done Oiling by the end of next week, and can actually put all the electronics and such on. I'm excited.

And that's the update into my life.

2 comments:

Nolto said...

Crap, I was going to come by tonight (bringing the pass-key: Tinfoil on the Windows).
You should stop taking gigs. maybe.

Toad008 said...

Hey I will be home. Just not until 10. So do come.

And if you called me for more regular gigs, maybe I would take less of these one =)

Except I have a hunch you would pay less than these. By a little.