Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Regularly Scheduled Update

So I picked up a Neti Pot from Shopper's Drug Mart. It was pretty cheap. I'm trying to get in the habit of using it every morning. I'm doing pretty good so far. As for results, it's hard to tell. I feel like I have clearer sinuses, but not drastically so. I think it will have a much larger impact on me in allergy season.

Rock Band 2 came out. It's pretty much the exact same game as Rock Band, with new songs, and some slightly improved interfaces. Since we played Rock Band a fair bit before, the slight improvements were greatly appreciated. I do want to get some of the new instruments. The Mad Katz Fender Bass especially. My one biggest complaint so far is the note boards look stretched. Maybe it wouldn't look as bad on a smaller display, but when something is slightly stretch, then magnified to 110", you notice. Our band (R-man on Drums, N-dog on guitar, me singing, and playing bass) is now playing all songs on hard, and easier songs all on expert. I need to learn the melodies to the tunes though, as I'm currently having problems. I did get props from the roomies for singing Alanis Morissette on Hard, getting 100%, AND singing the album version instead of the radio edit they have. I was swearing up a storm. Finally the exposure to three older sisters worth of chick music pays off, in Rock Band singing skills. hmm.

I picked up tickets for the Trans Siberian Orchestra concert this fall. I'm pretty excited. Should be a rocking show. I bought 8 tickets, and I think currently on 3 or 4 are taken, so if anyone has interest in joining me for the show, let me know.

I think I'm finished with my test finish for the bass I'm building. I ended up just applying Tung Oil to it, and it really darkened the wood. I think I'll finish the sanding on the body this week, and hopefully get the first coat or two on the bass this weekend. I'll try to take photos throughout the process to share them.

What other news is worth talking about? Hmmm. Nothing is coming to mind. Until next update!

(I think I'll start adding these things, so you all can be exposed to my crap)
Watching: It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Venture Brothers, Six Feet Under.
Listening: TSO, Rock Band 2 Song List (gotta practice), Shiina Ringo (on recommendation from readers)

No comments: