Friday, September 5, 2008

I'm back!

I am back home after my long holiday, which was awesome. Let's go over some of the exciting points.

The first weekend of my holiday started with a Friday night wedding rehearsal, Saturday morning final, Saturday afternoon wedding performance, and Saturday night drunken festivities. It was a pretty fun, but very busy, way to start holidays. There was a lot of liquor consumed. A couple people came over to continue the party after the hotel kicked us out. It was a good night. The next day, I slept, packed, and rode to Edmonton with the Edmonton House folk. I had lunch with the newlyweds, and they were kind enough to drive me to the airport to catch my flight to Vancouver.

Vancouver was great. I spent a fair bit of time at Six Acres, in Gastown, as I have a buddy who is a manager there. It's a very cool little pub too, so I had no complaints. I went to a Radiohead concert, which was super awesome, and Beck a week later, which was also super awesome. I visited the Aquarium, met up with a couple friends for drinks various nights throughout the trip, and met some very cool new people. I do really like Vancouver. I could see myself moving out there after I get my degree, if I can find work.

I spent a weekend in Victoria, visiting some friends there. Victoria is also very nice. We had some beautiful weather, so I spent some time on the beach, and walking. There was one rainy day, during which we stayed in, played Monopoly (where I had hotels on Park Place, and Boardwalk, risking all my cash to set them up, then got 2 very unlucky rolls in a row... forcing me to sell everything) then went to the movies. It was also a friend of my friend's birthday weekend. As a result, we spent a fair bit of time dancing at the bar.

The weekend after Victoria was PAX. The attendance this year was apparently 58500 people. It was pretty crowded. They had estimated I think 45000, so they didn't quite have enough space for everyone. As a result, there was some panels I missed, as the theater was full, and they wouldn't let anyone in. Also Saturday, the busiest day, the exhibition room floor was packed. It was rather difficult just to navigate to where you wanted to be. It was not helped by Darth Roadblock, a very big guy in a great Darth Vader costume that had an amazing talent to cause HUGE traffic jams. I got to check out some sweet games though. Rock Band 2, Guitar Hero World Tour, Fallout 3, Starcraft 3, Resistance 2, Gears 2, and my new favourite, Ninja Town! I am mad excited for most of those, which sucks, as I'm somewhat poor from my trip, and now I have to buy a lot of video games in the next couple months. Sigh. It's a tough life.

I started school again, first class was yesterday. I'm only taking 1 class this term, which, when finished, will leave me with 2 more classes for my 3 year degree. It's a little sad to think after about 8 years of school, I'll be walking away with nothing but one 3 year degree. At least I'm finishing something though. My class is a computer security course, and it sounds pretty interesting. The prof is quite a character. I'm looking forward to some good discussions. The class is smaller than I expected, only like 30 people? It reminds me of my Physics times, which makes sense, as that was the other degree I took to around this point. The course workload seems pretty decent too, not too much, but interesting stuff. We'll see what I think of it later on in the course. The prof also said he'd likely google me, so he may end up reading this post. I better not say anything too incriminating then. Although the first hit for my name isn't this blog, but instead the video Ryan did, but I think it's pretty easy to end up here. Hopefully he doesn't hack into my blog and make me sound like an idiot. At least, more of an idiot than I actually am. Is that possible?

Final Note! I am restarting the 100 pushup plan. My holiday really screwed me up on that (As well as sleeping). I'll be getting everything back on track this weekend.

Oh other note: I'm debating picking up a Neti Pot, and trying that out. PureDoxyk swears they are amazing. Allergy season usually hurts my sinuses a lot, and I'm curious if something like that would help. Plus it works me closer to my true life goal, to be as much like PD as I can. Next up, Sex Change, and moving to the States.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wat.
"I GUESS WE ARE IN THE SAME CLASS" says the random guy that previously commented about J-pop on your previous entry. The internet freaks me out.

Toad008 said...

Oh dear, what what Crazy Random Happenstance.

Look at my Wrist. I've got to go.

Now the fun and interesting part will be if you can figure out which guy in the class I am. I'm not the teacher, I'm not the old guy, and I'm not any of the girls. That's all you get for hints today.

I'd say come up and say hi/ guess who I am, but I know us geeky folks are often a touch on the shy side, so I won't be waiting for it.

Unknown said...

Well that certainly eliminates like 3 people haha. This game is no fun. I need moar hints.

Btw, this totally seems like the greatest class ever. Yes/yes?