Thursday, March 20, 2008

I do post, occaisionally

So I decided to write another post here. I might just take some advice, and post boring normal day to day stuff. The Grateful Dead song pack for Rock Band IS fun! It also exposed Roomie R as a musical Fraud, as he apparently didn't know any Grateful Dead. Like come on! Truckin'? Not ringing any bells? He is a disgrace to the house.

Tyler IS THE BEST! No idea why yet. But according to my comments, that is the case. Maybe he should get a prize for being the only person who still checks this blog occaisionally? At least the only one who hounds me about not updating it. Although I'm sure Ash would, if I saw her more. So Ash IS ALSO THE BEST!

Let's see. Other cool things in my life lately.

-I haven't mentioned it in the blog yet, I bought a new car. It's a '08 Matrix. I quite like it. New cars are nice.

-I got a raise last performance review. Raises are nice. I'm not allowed to talk about it though, due to confidentiality in those matters.

-I'm on day like lots of my sleep schedule. 315ish I think? Last couple days I've been sleeping a fair bit extra. Tuesday I napped from my normal 8:30ish until about midnight, which was unexpected. I did miss my afternoon nap due to a meeting at work, and had a couple beers after work, which I think combined to make me sleep. When I got up midnightish though, I stayed up until 3:30 or 4ish, so it was reasonably close to just moving my core earlier. Lastnight I sleep similar though, which is bad, I'll have to crack down this weekend and adjust back to schedule.

-Work is busy, as per usual. My "department" is severly understaffed. I don't enjoy it immensely. At least it's keeping me busy.

-We started planning our annual trip to Seattle for PAX. Anyone who is interested in coming down this year should get more info at www.pennyarcadeexpo.com and contact me. I've got space in the hotel for 2 people Thursday night, through Sunday Night. Looks like Pax pass is about $45, and airfare is shaping up to be about $250. Lots of Fun!

-I've started doing Yoga. I find it pretty relaxing, and good for my body. My back is bad, and it's somewhat humourous how flexible I am, as long as my back isn't involved, but as soon as my back needs to bend or spin, I can't do shit. Hopefully that improves with time.

-School is going well. I was very concerned when I saw I got a 64% on my midterm, but then I learned the class average was like 42% or something, and I felt better. I was still in the top 25% of the class. That confidence was boosted when I got the lab exam back, and saw a nice 100% on it. I haven't found any histograms or anything on it, so no idea how well the class did. Typical of my performance in a lot of comp sci stuff though. The programming / practical parts I do very well on, and the stupid memorization of definitions or whatever, not so hot.

-BOONDOCK SAINTS 2 IS GOING TO EXIST!!!!! I loved the first one, so I'm reasonably excited about a sequel. Not sure how it will work out, hopefully they don't screw it all up.

-I'm going to have to cut my work hours back in the fall. If I keep my schedule as it is, I will bank an estimated 200 extra hours... That's a lot of overtime (5 weeks vacation?). Maybe I can do a 6am to 3pm work day. That would be nice. For stick with 6am to 5pm, and take every friday off? I'll have to talk to my boss about it. That said, with the lowered hours, I'll have to find some projects to work on this summer. Maybe I can get around to starting a game to put in a portfolio. Between me an dother friends who are also interested, we've fleshed out some decent game designs I'd like to make, maybe I'll actually start one this summer. Or right away...

-I bought a cow. I'm pretty excited to have a lot of meat just in time for the BBQ season to start. Might have to have a end of term BBQ early April. We'll see if I get the meat by then...

That's a reasonable update... I should get back to work... And I am getting close to nap time.
Feel free to comment / email me. Hopefully (like I always say) I'll start checking / updating this blog more often.

4 comments:

Nolto said...

I'm happy you've updated. and, I'm not even a spam commentator, like our friend "wireless" above.

I'm also excited for boondock saints 2, and I was wondering if Baltair's lawyer (near the end of the third season) was one of the brothers? He seemed similar (maybe it was just the accent).

Have you killed the cow yet? (jokes)

The idea for a video game, the one I was a part of, has been slowly turning into a novel I'm working on. It's gotten much better. There is a very awesome twist at the end, and it doesn't even need the twist to stay entertaining. I'd like to share these developments with you, but I have a feeling I'll forget about them (plus, the novel is currently stuck on my unbootable computer...)

Nolto said...

It should be obvious, but "baltair" is from Battlestar Galactica (unless that makes me nerdy.... then, it's from the wire, or heroes).

Toad008 said...

How / when do you find time to write a novel? Seriously. Aren't you supposed to be working part time, and finishing your Master's in record time?
And he did seem similar, but I don't think that was one of them. A quick IMDB check confirms that. Ahh internet, solution to many problems.
I knew who you were talking about. I'm comfortable enough in my geekiness to make BSG references without much explaination. Excited for the next season. You going to be coming to our house weekly to watch it with us, in the Theater?

Nolto said...

Of course I'll theatre the new season of BSG.

As for the novel... as if I'll evert finish it.
I've only got about 20 pages (single spaced on Word) of novel and about 10 pages of jot notes about things that need to take place. It'll never get done. I'll probably start 5 more before I hit page 50 of this one.