Friday, August 3, 2007

Long Weekend

So I'm spending my long weekend out of town, working. Which somewhat sucks. At least I have some friends where I'm heading, and can hopefully have some time to visit with them.

This will be my first business trip since I've changed my sleeping habits. It makes me a little nervous. I hope our customers are understanding when I have to take a nap break throughout the day. I'm also worried because since I'll not be home, I won't have access to a lot of the stuff I normally do to stay up at night. So hopefully I can find something in the hotel to keep me busy, or read or something. The other catch is I'm going with a co-worker, who doens't really know anyone in Edmonton. So I need to keep a somewhat normal eating and sleep schedule plan with the customer. It shall be interesting. Also likely good practice for my trip to the Penny Arcade Expo at the end of the month. PAX will be harder, because I'll be sharing a hotel room with other people who are hibernating.

Other odd part about this business trip, I'm the senior going, which means I have to pay for almost everything, which sucks. I of course will get reimbursed, but I can technically approve my co-workers expenses. Of course, I'll get in trouble if I approve anything bad, like beer, but still. I might have to abuse that a little, just for fun.

Well, I should probally make sure I have everything ready to go.

No comments: