Wednesday, August 1, 2007

day 80

Man o Man, I suck at regular updating. I am soo sorry to both of my readers who are still reading.

I've been working quite hard lateely. I spent a lot of last week working overtime trying to get one of my devices finished. Then this week, not as bad during the week, but I'm spending my entire long weekend out at a customers location. My holiday at the end of the month couldn't come soon enough.

That said, it's been a huge headache lately too. My flights are getting jerked around, and the people I booked through, CheapTickets, absolutely suck. My flight got changed by the airline, so I called them to get it changed back to an evening departure. I spent about an hour and a bit on that call. I was told it was fixed, and I'd get a confirmation email shortly. I never got a confirmation email, so I called them again, and they told me they couldn't even check the status of those flights anymore. Awesome. SO I had to call Air Canada directly, and talk to them, who then informed me that my flights had not been changed to the evening at all. Thus CheapTickets actually did absolutely nothing. So I paid the surcharge, and got the Air Canada rep to transfer my booking to Air Canada directly, and change my flight times to the ones I wanted. Now I'm filing a complaint against Cheap Tickets, and I'm going to fight to get my $25 surcharge back. It's gotten me very concerned about the rest of the trip, so now I'm checking everything, and making sure all my shit is confirmed correctly.

Sleeping has been going well. There's been some days where I just haven't been motivated to do anything in the evening (between like 4am and 6 am) so I've been reading, and sometimes if I'm reading in my room, I get really sleepy again. Not tired, just sleepy. it's an odd feeling. I don't feel like I need the sleep.

But I should get to work. I'll post again sometime this month =)

No comments: