Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Day 73

Been a busy week. I put in about 8 hours of work on Sunday, and 15 or so Monday, and 11 or 12 yesterday, so I'm getting a little worked out. The nice part of it all, is my house doesn't have air conditioning, but work does, so I've been able to spend most of the hot snap in comfort. We hit a record breaking 37 degrees C (like 100 Fish) on Monday, I think it was. I didn't sleep well that night, as my room was just too bloody hot. My 2 roomies had already called the two places you can sleep in the basement though, which sucked, as it also meant I couldn't do anything in the basement while I was up. Not like I've really wanted to, Spending like 18 hours a day on a PC is probally not too good. So I've been reading a lot. Working through Dracula, and The Gospel of the Flying Spagetti Monster. I think I'll have both finished byt the weekend, or shortly into the weekend.

I finally got to talk about Harry potter with someone, between work, and everything. I have a conversation via Facebook with a cousin who had finished it, and Roomie N finally finished the book. Only took him 3 days, which for him is pretty impressive. He's a pretty slow, methodical guy. I always find it interesting to compare our play styles in various puzzle games. I think that really shows a character. His favourite puzzle game ever is Money Idol Exchanger, which is good, but takes a lot of thought. He's good at it too. I'm more of a max speed drop tetris player. it's alll about fast reflexes and instinctive placing. No time to regret a decision either, you just have to work it into the grand scheme. I'm not super hardcore like some tetris folk, but I know all my T-spins and some of the actual terminology, and have rule preferences. (I like Naive Gravity, even though it makes it impossible to play indefinitely) Also Easy Spin is key. you gotta have some play once it hits the ground, or things just aren't fair. Especially when you get to the fun speeds where peices just start on the bottom.

That's a lot of talk about Tetris. I'm sure most of you don't care. Let's just summarize by saying I like Tetris. And I was robbed at the last tournament I played in. Ok, a bit more tetris talk.... I had 3 tetris lined up, and 1 I peice in my storage (it was tetris DS) Then I got hit with 3 (THREE) banana's withing about 2 seconds! 3! so that left me with a insane mess to work out of, and I got rid of about half of the mess before 2 other players made tetrises and sent me 8 lines of garbage. then I was hooped. Maybe this year at PAX I'll be able to place a little better. (Hoping there is another tournament)

Ok ENough Tetris! Actually, that's close to my blogging time quota. I need to get some work done now....

SO do you prefer these blogs where I talk for a long time about 1 specific thing that no one is really interested in, but me, or no posts at all? hmmm. I'm sure not going to keep any sort of readership for very long.

No comments: