Monday, July 9, 2007

Hmm for some reason it seems Blogger doesn't want me to enter a title...

I'm on day 57. Today I feel great, although very stiff. I was expecting to be a little more our of whack, since I had a odd weekend. On Friday Night / Saturday morning, I made a large change to my schedule. When I laid down for my 11pm nap, I ended up not waking up until about 2 ish. My headphones fell off (Which won't happen anymore, since I bought a new IPod!) I was mad I overslept, but then I thought I'd turn it into an experiment. My oversleep resulted in a sleep period that was the same length as my core usually is. So I just used it as my core, and took a nap at 6:30, so I'd wake up at 7 like I usually do. It worked surprisingly well. My Saturday was like a normal day. It's good to know that if I really need to, I can switch a nap and my core reasonably easily.

Sunday Morning I was out paint balling, which is why I'm so stiff. 3 hours of crouching really exhausts the legs. It was a ton of fun though. I picked up a couple reasonable welts, and I thing I pulled my knee. However due to the timing of paintball, I didn't get to my noon nap until about 2 or so. Which is a lot later than usual. That nap went fine, but I was still exhausted for the rest of the day. Not sure how much of that was from paintball, and how much was from the very late nap. I was able to get on schedule reasonably quickly though. I did cheat a little and slept for closer to 45 minutes at my 5 nap.

Yet everything is good today. 11pm nap was great, core sleep went well, and total I feel as energized as usual. I think it's a sign that my body is quite accustomed to this new sleep schedule. I can make large changes occasionally, and bounce back. Although for the last hour of paintball, I was likely an easy target, as I was a little drowsy, although I was an easy target most of the game...

In other news, I had a BBQ at my sisters place for her birthday this Saturday, and I think my family is running out of sleeping jokes to poke fun at me with. I am still noticing that due to my different sleep schedule, everyone default "insult" is always about me sleeping, as if I am asleep all the time, or should be. I find this odd as I sleep less than all the people making those comments. I just find it interesting as an interpretation of how society reacts to behaviours outside the norm (read as crazy).

Oh and as an Editted Addendum:
The hot snap is over. High today is a perfect 19 C, with overcast skies. Great weather to sleep in my car. I am very excited as the balmy mid 30's temperatures were very difficult.

No comments: