Monday, May 14, 2007

Day 1

So for those of you who don't know, I'm starting to try to shift my sleep schedule to follow the Everyman polyphasic style. I'll update again in the future, with more information.

I'm starting this blog to record my personal experiences with it, and to remember things.

I started today. I woke up at my usual time (7:30ish) and did all my normal life things. Went to bed last night at my usual time (around 11pm). So no changes as of yet. I did take 30 minutes at lunch (right at noon) and laid down in my car. I do need to pick up some sort of white noise cd (I think I'll make my own) as some of the planes were a little distracting. Generally quite surprised with the noise level though. My car was also a little warm (although I was under a blanket) so I may get in the habit of leaving my window open a crack more when I come to work in the morning. I think I'll try another nap around 5pm, before going home, as that's in my schedule, and I have nothing to rush home to.

I also intend to deprive myself of a bit of sleep tonight. Probally not too much, I'm thinking moreso in bed by 12 or 1am, and up at 7. I also need to finish my late-night ToDo list. I will need a bunch of tasks to keep me awake. I think I'll start walking a lot. I might pick up some rollerblades, and skate. Some of the other things I want to do take more brainpower, and I'm not too sure how well I'll be functioning for the first stages. Hopefully it doesn't effect my work much either.

That's it for this update. I'll get a more general post of what the heck I'm talking about maybe later today (or in the time I'm freeing up tonight.... good idea self!)

No comments: