Monday, May 28, 2007

Day 15

Two week mark!

I'm still pretty worn out today, but pretty much the same as I imagine everyone who had a busy weekend feels. I was quite groggy in the morning, but after my noon nap I felt a lot better. Hopefully my 5 nap makes me back up to 100%.

Overall, I'm still quite enjoying this sleep schedule. I'm starting to get to the point where I'm recommending it to people, if they want to try. I still greatly suggest you do more reading on it (via links on left, or the google) as I'm not going to pretend I'm an expert. However, the extra time in a day is pretty neat, and the shift really hasn't been that difficult. I'm also getting better at the abridged explaination of what the heck I'm doing. When people don't realize I'm serious, until I'm walking out the door for a nap, makes things a little frustrating. I'm heading to bed! I don't want to answer your 100 questions. Ask me again in 30 minutes. It helps that my roomates are willing to tell their opinions on it. They know I get a little cranky just before naps, and need like 10 minutes to fully wake up afterwards, and they are pretty good at distracting, and fielding the general questions. I just hope they aren't pushing false information.

My boss has already suggested I write a book about this. I laughed at him. That really shows how little documentation we do internally here, because if we had more docs, he's realize I'm not a very good writer. Plus I hate it. However, PureDoxyk ( http://www.puredoxyk.com/index.php/ ), the founder of the everyman schedule I believe is working on a book. I think that in this case I will just defer to her work. She's also been on this sleep schedule a fair bit longer than I. Maybe if I'm lucky I'll say something great on the google group, or her blog or something, and I'll be used as a quote, or example. Maybe I'll write a chapter on surviving polphasic sleeping in harsh northern climates.

We do have a wiki in the works though. I think I'll end up doing a lot more work on that, as I'm more computer competent, and I have some ideas / visions I would like to do on that wiki. I'm trying to devote a night or 2 a week to working on it. Currently it just needs a bunch of good templates established, and some of the good information from the google group and elsewhere collected together. I don't want to promote it too much jsut yet, as it's still pretty useless, but I'll let you all know as soon as it gets more benefictial.

No comments: