Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Day 2

Well, I just woke up from my noon nap, up eating my packed lunch.

White noise CD, with alarm noise built in, is excellent. I just get in my car, pop it in, and press play, and no worrying about setting an alarm, or any of that junk. I was only hitting a light sleep, but once the alarm noise (my synthetic rooster crow) went off, it worked exactly as I hoped it would. I am really glad I started this experiment being able to wake up on the first ring of my alarm, and accustomed to such a distinct wake up noise.

It's only been about a day and a half, but I am finding this extremely easy. I feel as refreshed, or more, than I used to here at work. That nap in the middle of the day really recharges my system.

Tonight I might try just napping at 11, and stay up to 2 or 3 ish. I should probally pick up some headphones though, so I can use my nap CD a little easier at home, without driving my roomates nuts.

Overall, I think it's too early to be making any conclusions, but I am quite surprised with how easy my transition as been so far. It's only been two days, but I was still expecting it to be worse.

I might post again tonight, and update after I attempt the 11pm nap. We'll see. I'm planning on making some buns too, so I might be a bit busier tonight.

No comments: