Friday, May 18, 2007

Early Day 5

So I just skipped posting at all on day 4. Nothing overly eventful occured, except the season finale of The Office, which was pretty good. The sound on our downloaded copy sucked bad though, and about every 5 or so minutes we had to add a delay of about 400ms to the audio to keep it lined up. By the end of the episode it was around 4 seconds off. Talk about annoying.

Roommate Ryan is still intrigued by my new sleep schedule. I think he's pretty excited to see how I turn out on it, but I can already see his head working out how he can fit it into his life. It's hard for him, because he only get 30 minutes for lunch, and to tie that all up with a nap means no eating.

So on to my last day. Yesterday went well. my 11pm nap I didn't sleep very well, not too sure why, and as a result I was pretty tired by 3. But I also forgot to set my alarm for this morning, but even with my changed sleep habits, I didn't over sleep. That made me pretty happy, as I guess my body is getting accustomed to the new schedule. However, I feel a little tired today. My theory, even though it's kind of absurd, is that since I never heard my alarm go off, my boy is still in sleep mode, even though I'm awake. We'll see how I feel after my noon nap.
EDIT: Quick update: I had my noon nap, I was out like a light. And I feel a lot more refreshed now.

Today is also goig to be one of my first tests in how my new sleep schedule will effect my social life. We're supposed to be going out for beers around 4 today, since it's a co-workers last day, but with a nap scheduled at 5, it may be a little awkward. Whatever though. When I started out I had assumed that I would get odd reactions, and I'd have to make some sacrifices. The nap at 11 might be an issue to. Not sure where I'll be, but hopefully I can sneak off for 30 minutes. Might have a fair bit of explaining to do too.

No comments: