Thursday, June 7, 2007

Day 25

Missing naps really sucks.

I was forced to miss my noon nap yesterday, as we had a large BBQ with one of our biggest clients, and some key personnel from their company. I was expected to attend the entire thing, and I did. Screwed my noon nap though. I didn't have a chance to lay down until about 2 or 2:30, which I decided was too late. I figured I would just take my 5pm nap a little earlier, and hopefully everything would work out. I was extremely tired from about 2 until 5. I question if it was actually a good idea to drive home. Had my 5 nap, felt great, and everything seemed to be going awesome.

Then I laid down for my 11 nap. I guess my body is still somewhat attached to the monophasic schedule. Skipping that noon nap didn't catch up to me until 11. I recall going to be around 11. I woke up briefly in the middle of the night. I recall glancing at my clock and seeing 3am. I went crap, that missed nap screwed me, but I was still super tired, so I changed into my core sleep clothes, and went back to sleep.

So missing a nap is very bad. Done it twice now, and both times resulted in me oversleeping my night away. Occaisionally that may be required, but I think I shall try to not do it again until I have a couple months, and an adjustment under my belt. If I'm at a spot where I can't nap at a designated time, like a gig, or meeting or something, I think I will nap as soon as I finish, no matter what time it is, then try to force naps back on schedule after that one. Hopefully that works. And also hopefully, I don't have to find out if it does for a little while yet. (Jazz Festival week might be a challenge)

No comments: