Friday, June 8, 2007

Fun!

So I have really been enjoying this blog. Not only because it helps me keep a record of this experiment, and it helps me explain what I'm doing (I tell people to just go read the blog), but I also get to enjoy the interesting results I get from my traffic analysis.

I don't get a ton of visitors, and I'm not very high on any google ranking or anything, so as a result I get to see what sort of weird queries poeple make that end up here. Here's a selection. "saskatoon weather" Pretty straight forward. I have to assume the number 1 result on google would be pretty darn close to what the searcher was looking for, but for some reason they went through a couple pages of results, and came to a blog called sleepless in saskatoon? That's a pretty big tangent. "fun things saskatoon" I win! At least I can understand why my blog title could be about fun things to do in Saskatoon at night (there is none.) I just feel proud that someone looking for something fun to do in Saskatoon thought my blog fit the bill. Boy were they wrong.

Another thing I'm finding quite interesting is the geographical locations of my visitors. Saskatoon has the most visitors, which makes sense, but Edmonton and North Battleford have a reasonable showing. I have a couple readers from South America which is neat. Lately Europe has been kicking it up a notch too. One of the more interesting things is that Europe now has more visitors than the States, which was not what I expected. A large majority of my polyphasic sleeping connections are from the states, and Europe seems to have a small showing in those circles, but they win for readership.

Very interesting stuff to data junkies like myself.

2 comments:

Kswissbob said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ferno said...

Hi there!!!, I stumbled upon your blog looking effectively for some advise of what to do in the night, and after reading your post a question arouse: Is it really nothing to do in Saskatoon at night???