Sunday, June 3, 2007

Weekend update

I have been sick. I think I ate something bad. It has been an interesting couple days.

I bumped my core shorter (like 1-7am) to try and help with recovery, and on Saturday I slept straight from my noon nap to the end of my 5 nap. Surprisingly all that extra sleep didn't throw the rest of my schedule off. I was still able to nap at my usual times. Saturday night I think I'm pretty much all better, and am dropping back to my usual sleep schedule. I slept an extra hour and a half on my core, as I'm committed to an event this morning, and I want to try just skipping my noon nap.

That will prove to be a bit of a complication on this sleep schedule. When I get ill, which is generally quite seldom, I think I'll have to adjust my sleep schedule dramatically to get over it. I just slept when I was tried, but tried to stay close to my nap end times. I think it worked reasonably well.

Some other polyphasic people I've talked to seem to live by a reset day, once every couple weeks or something, where they just sleep a lot more that one day. I'm not a fan of it, as I think it disrupts the schedule, and negates some of the benefits of Polyphasic sleep. However, if I get sick again in about 3 weeks, that may be a hint that I need to start scheduling something like that.

2 comments:

Rafael Augusto said...

Hello, my name is Rafael Gonçalves. I'm an engineering student from Brazil and I'm planning to try the USS. Your blog and experiences are very usefull, keep posting!

Toad008 said...

Thanks Rafael. I'm pretty surprised my blog has been noticed somewhere as far away as Brazil. If your looking for more resources, I can't stress the usefulness of the Google group. There are a lot of people there with a lot more experience than I, especially in the Uberman schedule. I have links on the left panel. A couple of us are pretty good at timely responses there too, so ask as many questions as you want.