Monday, June 11, 2007

Day 29

I am bad at updating this blog over the weekend. I just get too distracted.

I had a great weekend. Got all my naps more or less when I wanted them, and felt great the entire time. I went to a movie (Knocked Up) Saturday night, and as a result that bumped my 11 nap to closer to 12:30, which I was a little nervous about, but After forcing myself to sleep again at my core period, it turned out ok.

I'm starting to enter busy mode, with the pending Jazz festival rapidly approaching. It's going to screw my sleep schedule up somewhat, but all in good fun.

So sleep informational-wise. I'm trying to establish a more consistent, regular, morning routine. The worst part of my day for tiredness is right after my core sleep, from about 7-9 or 10. I'm hoping if I get accustomed to a specific wake up process, that will help me get out of bed quicker, and feel more alert, quicker. I'm starting with something easy, to see if it helps. So every morning now, I'm getting out of bed right at 7, and I'm doing some sit-ups, and push-ups (hopefully a side effect of getting me in better shape) then a shower. We'll see how well that works.

Other news in the sleep world, Kevin has suspended his attempt at Everyman. He started around the same time as I did, so we were both learning things at the same time. It seems like it was just a busy time in his life, and he's travelling, which made it a hard time for him. I think he's planning to try again in a couple weeks, with the bit of experience he's gained from his first attempt. He's not the only one I've been incontact with that isn't doing so well. Poor Brendan started his sleep change with 2 friends, but his 2 friends only lasted a day or two. They were pushing for the more difficult Uberman schedule. Makes that schedule sound ever more intimidating than before, as I hear more and more abou thow difficult it's transition period is (even though it's short). Maybe someday I'll shift my Everyman to an Uberman schedule.

No comments: